VLOG ::: Roadtrip Through the Mitten State

Hello everybody!! 
So I have been doing quite a bit of traveling near and far lately and I would really love to share all of my adventures with you! Just in the past year and a half alone I've been blessed to have had the opportunities to go to Florida, Maine, Mexico, California, Canada, Washington DC and Virginia. So, yeah, I've been around haha.
In my most recent trip, my friend Elena and I visited Michigan's Upper Peninsula during Memorial Day weekend to celebrate our high school graduation. It was absolutely amazing and we had a blast of a time exploring our beautiful state.


If you didn't know, the state of Michigan, where I live, has two parts to it -- an upper and lower peninsula (which means they're each only connected to land on one side and surrounded by water on the other three sides!).


I happen to live in the bottom left part of the state which is insanely beautiful, but on this trip, we traveled to the top to see even more gorgeous parts of Michigan. Lemme tell you about it!

Since Elena and I claim to be a nature savvy duo, we decided to camp in a tent instead of staying in a hotel, which actually turned out to be a lot of fun. Our home base campsite was right on the coast of Lake Huron overlooking the Mackinac Bridge (which connects the upper and lower peninsulas). The view was honestly breathtaking. We spent all of our time outside and were able to cook our meals over a campfire every day! Our campsite had these perfect trees for hammocking too... ;)

Our view! 

Our home! 

We were able to do so many cool things in so many different areas of the Upper Peninsula, but our favorites by far were spending a day on Mackinac Island (pronounced Mack-ih-naw) and biking the entire 8.2 mile (13 km) perimeter since there are no cars allowed there... only horses, carriages, and bikes; visiting both the Upper and Lower Tahquamenon Falls; visiting a lighthouse on Lake Superior; and climbing up Castle Rock. We also enjoyed the general vacation-y things like exploring the area, hiking, hammocking, playing card games, stargazing, milling around at tourist shops, eating ice cream, and making s'mores.

Lunch break view on Mackinac Island bike ride!

The gorgeous Tahquamenon Falls 

Selfie at the falls ^__^

Castle Rock!

During our trip, we (well, let's be honest, it was basically all my friend Elena... she's AMAZING!) filmed vlog style clips to document our adventures and Elena edited an awesome video that shows a lot of what we did on our trip! If you're interested in watching the video and experiencing our trip with us, please do! She put a ton of work into making it and it turned out really cool. I'd love to hear if you've been anywhere similar to where we were somewhere else. Or if you see anything in the post above or video below and have questions about something, please let me know and I can direct you to the right place for information.

PS ::: before you watch the vlog, make sure you put the settings of the video to the highest quality HD! It will be much clearer and better for your viewing pleasure, haha. 

Watch directly in this post (above) or find the video on YouTube by clicking right HERE!

As you can probably tell, I love my state. As much as I talk about traveling and dream of living around the world, Michigan will always be my home, the place I will always come back to. If you haven't been to Michigan before, I would highly recommend coming! 
Michigan is the ultimate road trip state with big cities and unique music and food and drink scenes in places such as Detroit and Grand Rapids, plenty of coasts and beaches as we're home to four out of the five great lakes, and oodles of relaxing nature getaways. If you're looking for a place to unplug, relax, and enjoy the beautiful creation in nature, Michigan is the place for you. 
I'm privileged to be pretty well traveled in my state, so I can give you tons of great suggestions about where to go and what to do in both the Lower and Upper Peninsulas if you're planning a trip ^__^ 
No, seriously.... come visit.... lol.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed hearing a bit about my camping trip. It truly was so relaxing and I'm so glad I was able to be refreshed by a few days in nature. Have you ever been camping? And are you going on any trips this summer?

Mischief Managed,

Comments

  1. Wow, that sounds fun :) glad you had a good graduation celebration.
    -Raven

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from y'all and having good discussions as long as they're kept respectful. Thanks again for dropping by my little corner of the blogosphere. I'd really appreciate if you could give me a follow as well *hint, hint* Happy blogging!

Popular Posts