Tips for the Tired Blogger

Hola! Welcome back to my little blog :) Now, I know you're thinking, "wow, July... two posts this week after radio silence for like five months?" Well, it's true; here I am. I've recently been re-inspired to start blogging semi-regularly again and I can't wait to reconnect with all of my old blogging friends. My mission this week is to go back and read y'alls most recent posts! 

Anyway, today I wanted to write a post about the struggles of the blogging process. Something all bloggers have experienced at some point or another is the feeling of "writer's-block...," that dreaded funk that takes over your head and eats up all creativity and inspiration before the ideas actually make it on the internet. We all know how frustrating it can be when writer's-block hits because it's not like we don't want to write a post for our blogs, but rather it's that we can't find the motivation inside to do it. Through personal experience, I know that this feeling can go away in a matter of hours or a matter of years. Unfortunately, it's taken me the latter to get over my latest case of writer's-block, but that's given me plenty of time to think up some great tips to share for beating the block! 

  1. Don't get myself too stressed out if you feel writer's-block coming on! If you get stressed, your brain will temporarily shut down and you won't get anywhere.
  2. Always keep your creative ideas flowing! If you get a random inspiration at a random time, try to write it down right away so you will remember it. Write it on your arm, a sticky note, laptop, or whatever you have handy.
  3. Make sure you're not being distracted by background noise. How can you work if you're listening to music at full blast? Keep the volume down and you're almost guaranteed to work better. If your little brother is making a racket in your writing area, move somewhere quieter.
  4. Keep yourself hydrated and full of food! I don't know about you, but I can't think straight if my stomach is rumbling the whole time I'm trying to write. You're thoughts will keep floating away from your project and your work won't be up to usual standards.
  5. In any spare time, write. Just write. An author once said, “When I wrote my book into a hole and didn't know how to keep going for the longest time, those are the parts that my readers said they liked the most!” Try not to stop writing for long periods of time or your "creative juices” will stop flowing.
  6. Teach yourself to go with the unexpected turns. Take the risk of totally changing things around! Do something different from what you had planned, because it could add great plot twists and keep things exciting for yourself!

    I hope these come in handy to those of you who are also struggling with the routine of blogging. And hopefully I'll be able to keep using these tips for myself throughout the summer and into the next few months as I journey on into becoming a more motivated and regular blogger! Happy blogging to you all :)

    Mischief Managed,
    xJuly

Comments

  1. I definitely suffer from continuous writer's block. It seems to come in waves where I might have tonnes of brilliant ideas for a few weeks and then suddenly nothing. Like I've hit a brick wall. That's usually when I become very busy with other things in my life and I don't have time to put effort into thinking about my blog. I'll try those tips next time I come down with a case of it ^_^ I like the just write one - I use that all the time because I always get muddled trying to think of the perfect way to write a post. So normally I just write, simply what I want to say. After I can spruce it up a bit but after the first hurdle it's much easier.

    P.S WELCOME BACK!!! I feel like you've been gone for donkey's years!! Looking forward to some more posts ( especially as you have conquered writer's block ) So How are you?? How is life in the real world?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I totally understand you! And I agree that the worst of it always seems to happen in the busiest parts of life. I guess we just have to persevere, haha.

      And THANKS! I have been gone quite a while.... oops... haha. I'm doing well, especially now that summer break has arrived and I can relax without worrying about homework or other school-related responsibilities. I'm definitely gearing up for a great summer!
      I hope things are well with you too! Thanks for popping by :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from y'all and having good discussions as long as they're kept respectful. Thanks again for dropping by my little corner of the blogosphere. I'd really appreciate if you could give me a follow as well *hint, hint* Happy blogging!

Popular Posts